Monday 9 April 2018

7 tips for better self care.

In the madness of everyday life, it's so easy to forget to take care of yourself. That's why I think it's important to schedule in some good self-care time each week. Actually, make room for it in your diary if you have too! 


1. HAVE A SOAK.

My favourite! Have a nice bubble bath. For me, this is the ultimate self-care, couple hours in the bath often adding in some of the things from the rest of this list!


2. LIGHT SOME CANDLES.

 This add's with number one but sometimes just putting a candle on in the evening, even if I'm doing work, will help me relax more. 

3. READ A GOOD BOOK.

Whenever life really gets on top of me I like to escape to another world, it helps me stop focusing so much on myself and my life that it takes me another place. When I come back, I often feel calmer and more focused. Unless a loved character dies at the end than I usually have to read the second book to get over that book.. thanks, Cassandra Clare. (you know).

4. ENJOY A CUPPA. 

I'm a serial tea drinker, big time. But sometimes I forget how comforting it is, I use it to practise mindfulness and to centre myself. First I hold the cup in my hand and feel it's warmth. Then I'll lift to my nose and see if I can smell it with my eyes closed. I'll drink it and really focus on it and then take a deep breath and fully enjoy the rest of the cup, not focusing on anything else. It helps me to calm down and to really enjoy the little things. 

5. TREAT YOURSELF. 

I'm a big fan of this personally. Whatever it is that brings you joy, treat yourself. Whether that's going out for food, yes by yourself, or buying a new pamper product or a bunch of flowers. Mine is definitely bath and pampers products such as lush & Aesop.

6. CLEAR YOUR MIND.

 Have you tried the app Headspace? DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT NOW. It doesn't matter how you use it. Tbh, I'm not great at the sitting still so because of this I have trouble getting to sleep A LOT. So, I put this app on, headphone in and I just listen and breathe. I always fall asleep before the exercise is over, which is 10 mins, usually, it takes me at least 2 hours. So whether you sit and meditate, use it to sleep, or to help you when you're feeling anxious, this app is a MUST have.

7. TAKE TIME TO RELAX.

Take time to do these things and whatever else you can to take care of yourself. Whether that's a bath, a film, a book or to do some drawings. Whatever works for you, just take that time for yourself. My god, you deserve it. 

I'd love to hear from you in the comments, what can you add to your self-care list today?!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig